Wednesday 25 November 2009

References - Belt

The buckle is obviously centred in the middle, so that'll help drawing the rest of the belt, trousers, etc. This belt is plain, one I'll posibly create in Maya. It depends on how I could recreate stitches realistically without actually creating them. Holes are abut an inch away from each other too, useful for when drawing/modelling them. This particular belt has 5.

















I see this belt is very plain also, buckle is black and more
more squared off at the edges, something I might use just for simplicity.
I also notice the small gap btween the buckle and the belt itself, I'll remember this for when it comes to modelling it.















This belt also has 5 holes. I'll have to pay attention to the buckle area and how that looks if I want to accurately recreate a belt. For the stitches, I think I could just pull in a thin row of vertecies, making an indent in the belt, to show some sort of detail.



The holes look more interesting also, I think I mihgt like to try to recreate this in maya, to see how it loks, and if it's worth adding in the final maya design.









This belt has a lot of stitching in it, it's detailed. From this I can tell it's a thin, but thick belt. It's not wide but is is strong, the edges are very sharp aswell. I will have to be careful in modelling this so that the belt and buckle fit perfectly.
As my character is only a child, he'd not need such a wide belt, so a thin one will be suitable, but I am uncertain to have one with flat edges such as this, its be easier no doubt but I I feel I can then I most likely will unless I get caught up in modellin something esle or don't feel as though I should be spending so much time on it when it could be spent elsewhere

No comments:

Post a Comment